Regeneration of masonry using injections of expanding resin
Our exclusive Wall Restoring technology improves the structural resistance of wall surfaces. We inject a resin with a moderate expansion force in stone or brick masonry to improve its resistance. Because the resin is resistant to water, we can also treat fully submerged masonry.
When to use Uretek Wall Restoring®?
- To recover deteriorated or missing binding agent in all types of masonry.
- Quick intervention without interrupting activities
- Immediately effective
- Stable over time
- Effective filling of voids and excellent aggregation of structural components
- Work performed without excavation or demolition
- Does not dirty or release dust
- Technology also adapted to submerged or underground masonry: the resin (Uretek Idro CP 200®) does not wash away, it polymerizes in water, and its mechanical properties are similar to traditional mortar.
Where do we apply the
Uretek Walls Restoring® method?
The Walls Restoring® method may be used successfully to regenerate any type of masonry: stone walls, brickworks, buttresses, supporting walls, bridge pedestals, embankments, docks, dams, basins, locks, etc.
Our technology is particularly suitable for regenerating and the deteriorated binding in the masonry of monuments, churches, historical buildings, etc.
Once polymerized, the resin becomes an inert material and does not decompose in submerged environments.
The Uretek Walls Restoring® technology is often useful when intervening on old bridges that have been damaged for years, recovering the structural integrity of the masonry.
How does the Uretek Walls Restoring® technology work?
We inject a resin with a moderate expansion force in stone or brick masonry to improve its resistance. This specific resin penetrates the joints and regenerates deteriorated binding agent. It hardens quickly, binding the blocks together. In contrast to conventional methods, the saturation does not occur solely by gravity.
The Walls Restoring® technology is very effective because the resin we use has a low expansion force but very high density.
The action of the Uretek IDRO CP 200® resin
The Walls Restoring® technology relies on the two-component URETEK IDRO CP 200® resin, which we inject under pressure in its liquid state. After about 40–60 seconds, the resin polymerizes, acquiring its final mechanical properties within 24 hours. The maximum expansion pressure of the resin is limited to 200 kPa under maximum confinement.
- Maximum swelling pressure: 200 kPa
The resistance to vertical compression with free lateral expansion is between 1.8 MPa and 10.00 MPa within the range of specific weights between 2.00 kN/m³ and 5.00 kN/m³ according to European standards of reference;
- The resistance to traction is between 1.50 MPa and 6.00 MPa within the range of specific weights between 2.00 kN/m³ and 5.00 kN/m³ according to European standards of reference;
- Chemical-Physical Characteristics The expanding resin is a two-component closed-cell polyurethane foam with a specific weight lower than that of water. It has a coefficient of permeability equal to 10-9 m/s and an average viscosity before expansion of 200–300 mPa·s at 20°C.
1. Definition of the project
Based on the volume to treat, we develop a project for the injections.
We drill holes in the masonry to insert the injection channels.
3. Insertion of the injection tubes
Inserted in the holes, they allow us to inject the Uretek Idro CP 200® expanding resin.
4. Injection of the expanding resin
We make the injections by degrees using a gun in which the resin components are mixed. While we make the injections, the worker slowly retracts the channel. We continue with the injections until the voids have been saturated, filling them perfectly.
We control the quality of the work via permeability tests in the treated walls.
At the end of the intervention, we proceed with finishing by removing the injection tubes and filling the remaining holes.
See how we have resolved issues
We are close to you and we work wherever in the world our professionalism is needed.
We are familiar with your area and bring with us multinational experience.